Who we are
NYCIntern is a program of The King’s College, a liberal arts college located in Manhattan’s Financial District. Housing is provided by The King’s College Residence Life and is available to both interns and full-time students in New York City.
What we do
We provide housing for students and interns who come to NYC for 3-5 month internships. Our terms are conveniently split into fall, spring and summer terms.
Our application takes the intimidation out of applying for housing…
We’ve narrowed our process to 5 simple steps.
- Contact us via email or phone call to inquire about our availability and we’ll let you know what is available based on our availability and best fits your needs.
- Apply through our online application and submit your application at the end of the application so that we can finish processing your application by conducting a routine background check.
- Within 1-3 days, you should receive an email from us whether your application was approved. If so, you would be invited to submit a security deposit, which secures your placement.*
- Submit your deposit (Summer: 50% of the total term fee, Fall/Spring: $1,000 minimum) via our resources page then submitting a payment.
- Within 1-5 days, you should receive confirmation that your spot has in fact been reserved.
So that’s it! You’re in! Here are the next steps to move in:
- Before your move-in date, you will be emailed your address and instructed to submit a check in appointment form as soon as you can. Your final balance will also be due before your move-in day.
- On your move-in day, you will be texted from the number on your application slightly before your move in
We’ve also made moving out easy!
- At least a week in advance, fill out a check out appointment form on our resources page (same form as the check-in except chose check-in).
- You then should be contacted by our housing department concerning when your check out time is.
*(Note: Your placement/room style is not guaranteed until we receive your full security deposit. The application is not applicable to the security deposit)